In order to explain why I haven't been writing lately I'll try sum up what has been going on in the past month. I know that the right column list only two books on my current reading list but it would be more accurately counted as six.


Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything

Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed

The World Is Flat: A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century

Tricky Business


In addition to reading all of these books I have been listening to these audio books while at work.


1984

Secret Man: The Story of Watergate's Deep Throat

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn


Hopefully, with all of this going on I will have some new reviews up soon.


You may notice that my new links are no longer using Amazon. I'm a little disappointed with them. I spent quite some time last week looking around and was about to check out with about $35 worth of used books. When it came time to pay they wanted to charge me $200 dollars just for shipping and handling. The worst part about it was all of the hoops I had to go through on their site in order to find out what the total charge would be. Needless to say I will be looking for another way to procure my desired reading materials.


In other news we have joined Netflix and are loving it. I have been able to introduce my wife to Danger Mouse and we are catching up on all of The X-Files. There have been a couple of others but it's been mostly 3 weeks worth of Mulder and Scully so far. This new service for us has made me aware of a great travesty. No one has made The Wonder Years available in DVD format yet. You can get bootleg versions from Europe but I'm leery of that what with different region codes and all.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)