Can work be fun and fulfilling?  


In case you haven't been keeping track of what's going on with me I suggest you read my my next to last post on my old blog.


Now that we have that out of the way.

I had my presentation with the Vice President of my area (whom I later found out invited himself to the meeting) and the three people from IS.


Here are just a few quotes from the VP.


"This is the best thing that I've seen in a long time."


"I wish that we could start using this tomorrow."


"As soon as this is done, I'm going to bring him upstairs to revamp my other areas."


"When this is all implemented, I'm going to find out how much this saves the company, and ensure that you are compensated."


"Not to put you on the spot (to my director and manager), but I want him to be freed up from his regular responsibilities in order to focus on this full time."


I heard this second hand from the director.

"I want him to show it to the president when it's through."

On top of all of that my director (step below VP) made sure that everyone in the room knew that I have taught myself how to do this in the past 5 months. It seems that everyone was very impressed.


The people in IS want to sit with me and go over the code and see what they may be able help with. There are a few things that the director wants added in that I don't know how to do. My hope is that at least my input is heard and at most that I will get to help, observe or otherwise learn something new to do. Either way, steps are already being made to hire a temp to do my job while I am finishing my project. When I am done with my part and the IS people have done their thing, the plan is for me to spend all of my time training the rest of the area how to use this new system. I could just about explode with excitement. I don't think that anyone in management expects me to return to my old duties when this project is completed and that gives me a great deal of hope and sense of accomplishment.

0 comments

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)